Friday, January 13, 2006

Tuna Carbonara (In My Kitchen #1)

Having yet to recover from the holiday hangover, I decided to finally make the Tuna Carbonara last weekend (it was supposed to be our media noche pasta last New Year's Eve but was too zonked to prepare it). Cooking is one way for me to relax, I enjoy it...I'm no expert but rather I go with my gut and experiment away. So don't expect any exact measurements because i don't usually measure. Anyway, I'm posting the recipe as part of "In My Kitchen"...

TUNA CARBONARA

Ingredients:
1/2 kg spaghetti noodles (cook according to package direction)
3 tbsp. olive oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 can tuna chunk in water, flaked
1/4 cup button mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup corn kernels
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
1 small green bell pepper, chopped
1 box all purpose cream
italian seasoning
basil
salt and pepper
parmesan cheese, grated
red pepper flakes (optional)
Heat olive oil. Saute garlic and onions. Add bell peppers and tuna. Toss in mushrooms and corn kernels. Season with italian seasoning, dried basil, salt and pepper. Add in cream. Simmer for 3 minutes. You may add crushed red pepper flakes for extra zing. Take off from heat and pour over cooked pasta. Top with grated parmesan cheese. Bon appetit!

No comments: