Thursday, February 02, 2006

Christine Marie Valentine


to Shobe dear...

I Carry Your Heart With Me
EE CUMMINGS

I carry your heart with me
I carry it in my heart
I am never without it
Anywhere I go you go, my dear;
And whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling
I fear no fate for you are my fate, my sweet
I want no world for beautiful you are my world, my true
And it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
And whatever a sun will always sing is you
Here is the deepest secret nobody knows
Here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
And the sky of the sky of a tree called life;
Which grows higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide
And this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
I carry your heart
I carry it in my heart.
***this was the poem that Maggie, (played by Cameron Diaz in the movie In Her Shoes) read during the wedding of her sister, Rose (played by Toni Collette)


Tintin,

Our relationship as sisters is less than perfect
We had our share of kicks, fights and bashing
Its a surprise that we don't look anything alike
Shoe size we don't share
Much about everything in life, we don't have in common

For most of our lives, we hated each other's guts
And tried to stay out of each other's business
We shared our secrets with our respective circle of friends
But never with each other
Our family always prayed for the day that we'll end up the best of friends

And for a brief time, we came together as sisters
Ending up being thick as thieves
Sharing life's ups and downs
Opening up like buds to full bloom
Just in time...

For we didn't know that soon after
We will be continents apart
Ending up wishing and praying
That time together had been longer, richer
Regretting all the wasted time

When we made our vows of marriage
We failed to be "maids of honor" of each other
When we crossed over to motherhood
We couldn't just trade mommy stories as easily
And we pined for each other

Now, older and wiser
We pray and wish,
That we can move mountains
So that one day,
We can wake up to find ourselves together again...


Sis,
"I carry your heart
I carry it in my heart", always...
Advanced Happy Birthday!!! Love you!!!
---- ate Cathee

No comments: